The Jackson County Treasurer is responsible for overseeing the collection and distribution of real estate taxes in the county. Property taxes are collected in two installments, with distributions sent out to the many taxing bodies throughout the county. Duties related to property taxes include:
- Collection of annual property taxes with two due dates each year
- Sending notice of delinquent taxes
- Overseeing the annual tax sale of unpaid parcels
- Three distributions of tax monies collected to taxing bodies throughout the county
- Annual reporting to the Illinois Department of Revenue
- Administering the Monthly Prepayment Program (MPP)
- Collection of mobile home taxes
- Refunding property owners for taxes paid prior to a correction or Sale in Error
The Treasurer is also charged with maintaining the financial operations of the county, including banking, collection of revenue, disbursement of accounts payable, investment management, and financial reporting to the public and Jackson County Board.
Join hundreds of other Jackson County taxpayers in making interest free early payments so the final amount you will pay next summer will be reduced.
2018 Property Taxes
2018 Property Taxes payable in 2019 were mailed Friday, July 19. The first Installment Due Date was August 26, 2019, and the second Installment Due Date was September 26, 2019.
The tax sale was held December 5 at 10:00 a.m. To inquire about redemption of past due taxes, please contact the County Clerk's Office at (618) 687-7360.
Mobile Home Taxes
REMINDER: July 1 was the due date for Mobile Home Taxes. By statute, a penalty of $25 a month up to $100 is charged after the deadline.