District 5 Board Member
- I have been a resident of Jackson County since 1968
- I am married to Jim Peterson, who is retired from Consolidation Coal Company.
- I enjoy hiking, traveling, and spending time with family, especially our grandchildren.
- I am a member of the United Methodist Church of Murphysboro.
- BA from SIUC 1989 in History-received the Norman Caldwell-James R. Sanders Award for Academic Excellence in History.
- MA from SIUC 1991 in History
- Social Studies teacher Carbondale Community High School, retired 2011
- Served as the Representative for Region 6 on the Board of Directors for the Illinois Council for the Social Studies 2005-2015
- Jackson County League of Women Voters
- Greater Egypt Regional Planning and Development Commission
- Southern Illinois Metropolitan Planning Organization
"In order for Jackson County to prepare for the challenges of today and tomorrow, the board must have an awareness of legislative initiatives at the federal, state, and local levels. Cooperation between board members, and regional and state entities is essential in locating resources to benefit the county."