4 Year Term
- Faith Y. Miller, RDH, MSEd
- Retired Associate Professor and Director, Dental Hygiene
- School of Health Sciences
- College of Health and Human Sciences
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIUC)
- Ms. Miller is the daughter of the late Ezra and Ida Miller. She has one daughter, Lindsay, who works as a Rehabilitation Counselor. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Memphis and her MS degree from SIU Carbondale. Her only sibling, Lynette, is the Circulation Manager at the Carbondale Public Library.
- Ms. Miller's hobbies: She is obsessed with the musical "Hamilton" and The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). She is also a fan of military movies and musicals.
- Ms. Miller is a three-degree graduate from SIU Carbondale: AAS in Dental Hygiene, BS in Health Care Management, and MSEd in Workforce Education, Training, and Development.
- Ms. Miller is a Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) with nearly 37 years of experience in a variety of clinical practice settings, including migrant farmworker dental health and American Indian dental health, school-based dental programs, periodontal and general practice as a dental assistant, and dental hygienist. Ms. Miller has served in the dental hygiene profession as a delegate to the national and state meetings, served as secretary of the state association, and as Speaker of the House.
- Ms. Miller has been a site visitor for the Commission on Dental Accreditation (a total of 9 years) and has been a consultant/examiner for The Commission on Dental Competency Assessments (CDCA) since 2004. From April 1, 2014, to June 30, 2022, she served as the director of the SIU Dental Hygiene Program and retired June 30, 2022, with 23 years of service.
- Ms. Miller was in the U.S. Army and Army Reserves from 1980 to 1992 and was honorably discharged and ending at the rank of E-6 (Staff Sergeant) and has received three Army Achievement Medals for meritorious service.
- Volunteer: Ms. Miller is a life member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, Gamma Kappa Omega Chapter, where she has served as past president, among other offices, and is currently serving on several chapter committees.
- Ms. Miller serves on the board of Carbondale United and is a member of the Carbondale Branch NAACP and a past member of the Carbondale Human Relations Commission for the City of Carbondale. As a member of Rotary International, Ms. Miller has extended her passion for service for wider outreach and is the 2022 to 2023 President of the Rotary Club of Carbondale (Noon).
- Ms. Miller is also currently the Vice-President of the McLeod Summer Playhouse board.
- Ms. Miller is a Precinct 5 Committeeman.