The Jackson County Board is seeking qualified candidates to serve on boards to which they make appointments. Jackson County residents interested in putting their talents to work for the benefit of the County may find more information here or by calling the Jackson County Board office at 618/687-7240.
Download the Resume for County Board Appointment form to apply for an opening. Please send completed applications to the Jackson County Board Office, attn: Committee Coordinator. Resumes are reviewed by the Executive Committee on the first Thursday of each month. Applicants are notified as to when their resume will be reviewed, and their presence at the review is often requested.
Download the Legislative Appointment Handbook to receive more information on a specific board or agency. If you have any further questions, please contact the Committee Coordinator at 618-687-7245.
Elverado Water District
- Salary/Pay Rate:n/a
- Posted Date:03/20/2017
Purpose: The District Board of Trustees governs the Elverado Water District. The Board is governed by the Public Water District Act (70 ILCS 3705/). Job Characteristics, duties, and responsibilities of a Board Member are as follows:
- Establish and maintain a meeting schedule for the Board of Trustees
- Annually, organize the Board with a Chair and Vice-Chair, and appoint a Secretary and Treasurer to ensure oversight and control of all District functions
- Establish, update as necessary, and maintain operational policies and rules for the District
- Interact with other governmental, public, and private organizations to insure maximum public welfare and benefit of sufficient potable water
- Provide direction to the system operator and employees
- Manage the fiscal condition of the District to ensure financial viability of the system
- Set prices for the water product
- Establish and implement employment policies, job positions with descriptions, and employee performance review procedures for employees of the District
- Hire personnel and terminate personnel employment as necessary
- Develop contracts, let bids, sign contracts, and review contractor performance for services, employment, construction, or any other need in the production of water for the District
- Provide information to, and confer with, the public regarding operation of the system
- Hear and rule on customer issues and complaints as necessary
- Perform related functions as required
Members: There are seven members on the Board, with five being appointed by Jackson County. There is no pay for members that serve on the Elverado Water District. It is a volunteer, service-oriented position.
Conditions on Membership: All members must reside within the water district. No trustee or employee of such district shall be directly or indirectly interested in any contract, work or business of the district or the sale of any article, the expense, price or consideration of which is paid by such district, nor in the purchase of any real estate or property for or belonging to the district.
Meetings: The Board meets at 475 Kathleen Road at 7:00 p.m. on the third Monday of each month.
Terms: Initial appointments to a seven member board shall be as follows: one for 1, one for 2, one for 3, two for 4, and two for 5 years. Thereafter on or after the first Monday in May of each year the appointing authority shall appoint a successor whose term shall be for 5 years commencing the first Monday in May of the year they are respectively appointed.