I live inside the city limits of a town/village/city in Jackson County.

Do we have more restrictive regulations than rural (unincorporated) areas and who do I contact in these towns/villages/cities?

Most incorporated taxing bodies (towns and villages) have Animal Control Ordinances passed by their town/village boards/councils. These ordinances should be enforced by appointees of their respective towns/villages. Complaints, therefore, regarding large/stray animals in these communities should be directed to the law enforcement officer or the village hall of the town/village. (See references for local corporate governing bodies)

Jackson County Animal Control Jurisdictions

Show All Answers

1. I live or have recently moved into Jackson County or I have recently acquired a dog/cat and reside in Jackson County.
2. I live inside the city limits of a town/village/city in Jackson County.
3. I am concerned about the living conditions or health of an animal in Jackson County.
4. I am concerned about the numbers of stray cats in my neighborhood.
5. A neighboring livestock owner allows his animals to free forage (run loose) and they intrude onto my property, or livestock are chronically on a public roadway, what can be done about this issue?
6. I know someone who has been bitten/attached by a dog or cat.
7. I have concerns about wildlife (raccoons, opossums, groundhog, etc.) causing damage/concerns around our residence.
8. I am a landlord and a previous renter left an animal.
9. Who do I contact if there is a dead animal on the road?