I know someone who has been bitten/attached by a dog or cat.

How do I report a bite/attack or how is this handled?

  • Bites are mandated to be reported by the doctor or medical group providing the care/treatment of the victim.
  • Biting animals are held/assigned to a ten-day observational quarantine from the date of the bite and must be examined and released by a licensed veterinarian at the end of the quarantine period.
  • Most bites have behavioral justifications for an animal to bite (food/injury/territorial defense); however, each incident is considered for causality, violence, and whether the incident is acute or a chronic problem.

Show All Answers

1. I live or have recently moved into Jackson County or I have recently acquired a dog/cat and reside in Jackson County.
2. I live inside the city limits of a town/village/city in Jackson County.
3. I am concerned about the living conditions or health of an animal in Jackson County.
4. I am concerned about the numbers of stray cats in my neighborhood.
5. A neighboring livestock owner allows his animals to free forage (run loose) and they intrude onto my property, or livestock are chronically on a public roadway, what can be done about this issue?
6. I know someone who has been bitten/attached by a dog or cat.
7. I have concerns about wildlife (raccoons, opossums, groundhog, etc.) causing damage/concerns around our residence.
8. I am a landlord and a previous renter left an animal.
9. Who do I contact if there is a dead animal on the road?