Who do I contact if there is a dead animal on the road?

The government entity maintains the section of the road where the animal is located. If it is a county road then you would contact the County Highway Department, if it's a State road you would contact IDOT at 618-549-2171, if it is a city road contact the city highway or road department and if it is a township road contact the township. (See the contact listing for local governing bodies)

Show All Answers

1. I live or have recently moved into Jackson County or I have recently acquired a dog/cat and reside in Jackson County.
2. I live inside the city limits of a town/village/city in Jackson County.
3. I am concerned about the living conditions or health of an animal in Jackson County.
4. I am concerned about the numbers of stray cats in my neighborhood.
5. A neighboring livestock owner allows his animals to free forage (run loose) and they intrude onto my property, or livestock are chronically on a public roadway, what can be done about this issue?
6. I know someone who has been bitten/attached by a dog or cat.
7. I have concerns about wildlife (raccoons, opossums, groundhog, etc.) causing damage/concerns around our residence.
8. I am a landlord and a previous renter left an animal.
9. Who do I contact if there is a dead animal on the road?